This week's podcast answers some recent questions emailed from a reader:
I've been programming on the .NET framework for several years now and want to move towards an architecture role. Additionally, I have been reading up on WCF and related .NET 3.0 technologies, but have more questions than answers.
1. Do you have guidelines/best-practices for how to structure a .NET solution and related assemblies? Also, guidelines as to how to factor the various namespaces and what goes where would be helpful.
2. How should components be factored; i.e., one component to an assembly or multiple components to an assembly? I've read several different articles that go back and forth, but never really got a straight answer.
3. How do components relate to services from an SOA perspective?
4. Does application scope/size impact the decision to use SOA? And,
5. Do you have any resources that I could use to learn more about SOA and .NET?
I appreciate the help and any answers that you can provide.
Dependency Injection Tools: